For over a year now, I’ve been using essential oils in place of “traditional” medicines and cleaners and have loved the difference they have made! Here are a few ways I use essential oils in my home and for my health:
- As I’ve posted before, I use peppermint in my smoothies and coffee for a quick pick me up, or simply in hot water as a peppermint tea!
- As I approach menopausal age, my monthly period is getting more and more painful. I combat it with Dragontime Essential Oil blend on my belly and heat up my neckwrap and place it on top.
- Last night, I was feeling a sore throat coming on, so I made a tea with 1-2 drops each of Thieves, Lemon, and Copaiba. Copaiba helps boost the effectiveness of whatever you put it with. This morning, I felt totally fine!
- Speaking of Thieves, this powerful disinfectant can be used in various ways! I also diffuse it to get rid of airborn germs, and dilute Young Living’s Household Concentrate and an all-purpose disinfectant spray around the house.
- In a previous post, I mentioned that we were looking for a slightly larger home. We found it, and our current house is on the market and has had two showings already! During the showings, I diffused Lemon in the kitchen to give it that “just cleaned” smell.
Now, you too can get a head start on your cleaning by joining Young Living’s Wholesale membership! You enjoy a 24% discount on all oils and products, or you can shop online with me. Comment below to find out more!
Wow! I can’t believe it’s been a year already since I started this blog!! A LOT has happened this past year, and I am s l o w l y catching on to this whole blog thing! Ha! Looking back... Continue reading →
So, I have been dabbling with my journey on the Trim Healthy Mama plan. The more recipes I try in the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook, the more I’m sold on this new way of eating and feeling healthy. A new... Continue reading →
I’ve spent the last few years picking a word that represented a theme or focus for the year instead of making resolutions. I honestly don’t remember which blogger I follow that gave me this idea, but I believe this is... Continue reading →
So, here it is! My first blog post about health! I have been off and on testing out the Trim Healthy Mama Plan. I lost 5 lbs. in the first week and have been holding steady because I’m still trying... Continue reading →
He’s given me breath to breathe and a shot at a second chance today. God is so faithful. He never gives up on me! and I blow it – a lot! I have one of those personalities that gets... Continue reading →
Almost 20 years ago, I purchased my first place – a condo in the city I grew up in with money I had saved and my parents had helped me save when I was younger. I was very proud of... Continue reading →
In Numbers 6-10, God gives further direction to Moses for the Israelites on what camp life will be like, how to take care of the tabernacle, how to break camp, how to set camp again, and what signals to... Continue reading →
I’m ashamed to say I haven’t followed through with my plans. I’ve been very distracted…….pretty shiny things keep getting in the way of the mundane, routine things that are supposed to be my focus. <sigh> But God’s mercies are new... Continue reading →
I love this time of year! Autumn is my favorite season. I love the smells, the beauty of the changing leaves, the crispness in the air, the way the sun’s angle of light makes everything look a little different. I... Continue reading →